Sunday, January 3, 2010

*Creative Cuisine, Vol. I*

This is going to be a topic that will be recurring throughout this blog. This will be an ongoing list of dishes that I develop and tastes delicious in creativity. Similar to how artists are inspired by friends, their surroundings, their past...life, essentially; I am inspired by my friends, my environment, my life to create dishes that will tease the palate with flavors and excitement. So here is the first volume of what I would love to create...

Shrimp Pesto Pizza--I love my pesto and shrimp, and further in this post you will see the pizza that I created with the help of Top Chef
Coffee and Pepper Rubbed Chicken in a sandwich or burrito/fajita--thanks to Bart for inspiring me to create a grilled burrito
Stuffed French Toast/Pancake--I really want to create the ultimate stuffed pancake, but I am not too sure if it will turn out. I do know that Stuffed French Toast is possible. I would love to create a hearty breakfast and stuff it with eggs and meat; but I do have a major sweet tooth and the combination of peanut butter, bananas, and chocolate sounds heavenly
Hot Chocolate/Chai Tea Latte--it is one of my culinary goals to create the best hot chocolate recipe (paprika and cinnamon are helping a lot)

That is my list as of now. When I perfect a dish, I will need some volunteers to be taste testers! :)

-----------------------------------------

And since I haven't posted for 3 days here are some pictures of my dinner tonight and some goodies I baked for our Big Bears NYE 0910 trip. I think they were a hit...




This is one dish that I cannot take any credit for. It came from the Top Chef recipe book, but has been one of my favorite dishes to make.



This salad was inspired by The Melting Pot (my fave restaurant) and is a play on their California Salad. Instead of using bleu cheese, I use feta cheese and add avocados and use a Lime/Walnut Raspberry Vinaigrette.



Here is one of the desserts that I baked. I call it my Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Cookie.


Finally, the last dessert I made, and possibly one of my favorites that I made when I was still in elementary school. My brother would go crazy every time I made this and what ended up happening is that I would have to make two batches...one for me and one for him.

...and as I promised Rizzle Kizzle (Thing 2)...

Puppy Chow (Muddy Buddy) Recipe

1 Box Chex Cereal
1 c peanut butter
1 bag choc. chips
4 tbsp butter (1/2 stick)
1 tsp. vanilla (optional)
powdered sugar

Microwave to melt peanut butter, chocolate chips and butter. Microwave by 30 second intervals to prevent burning the chocolate chips as it is very easy. Stir in cereal to be sure that is entirely coated with the peanut butter and chocolate mixture. Pour cereal mixture in double lined brown paper bag and sprinkle generously with powdered sugar. You will need a lot to cover entire cereal mixture. Shake bag vigorously to coat cereal. I find it helps if you shake with music on (preferably some Mika or cool mash-up playing). Enjoy!

Happy Cooking!!!!

p.s.-whenever you see the title of my blog surrounded by asterisks, " * ", that means there is a recipe in the post. I figured that will help people sort out what postings will have recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment