Friday, January 29, 2010

*28 Dishes Later*

I've decided to undertake in a little cooking project during the entire month of February. Basically, my goal is to create a new dish every time I cook, whether it is breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, appetizer, or a tasty treat. My one main rule is that I cannot create the same dish twice. So if I make a mushroom risotto one night, then I have to somehow mix it up and add something new to the mix, maybe some chicken, maybe some basil...I don't know, the possibilities are endless! What I hope to get out of this by February 28th is 28+ new dishes that I can add to my repertoire.

Here is a list of dishes that I already have in mind to challenge me come Monday...

Chicken Alfredo Pizza
Stuffed Peppers
Stuffed Mushrooms
Three Cheese Risotto
Coconut Shrimp
Mac & Cheese
Calzone
Loaded Baked Potato Soup

Fiery Mango Salsa
Satay Sauce

I think the first dish that I want to try and make is from one of my favorite chefs, the naked chef, Jaime Oliver. I want to try his Prosciutto, Artichoke, Mozzarella Pizza with Egg

This has bomb.com/nomnomnomnom written all over it.

Please, if you have any suggestions or dishes you want me to try please leave me a note. I am open to all types of dishes and challenges. Until then, here is a little drink that I mixed up tonight just out of the blue...

Peppermint Cocoaffee

2 c favorite brewed coffee
1 c milk
1 candy cane, broken in to pieces
4 T coca powder
1 cinnamon stick
splash of vanilla extract

Introduce all ingredients in a pot and let steep for 4-5 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment