Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cookbooks, Cookbooks, Everywhere!



These books are the only books that I read now days. They are almost like my bible(s). A sort of guide on how to live (eat). "Mad Hungry: Feeding Men & Boys" and "Good Eats" are my favorite cookbooks so far. They are so many recipes and ideas that I use from them. "Good Eats" also taught me how to properly cook a steak and how to tell how cooked it is by touch...make a loose fist and the skin between your pointer finger and thumb should feel soft, similar to a rare steak...which is how I love my steak.



I would like to accumulate more baking and dessert cookbooks. Perhaps Martha Stewart's Cookies and Cupcakes cookbooks. I really want to buy a baking kit, complete with tips and pastry bags and instructions on how to make those pretty frostings on cupcakes and cakes.



I also decided to tackle one of my creative cuisine dishes. This is my first attempt at making a "Stuffed Pancake," only it is more of a pancake sandwich. I used the ready made bisquik mix and added water, cinnamon, and vanilla. I added chocolate chips to the pancake and spread peanut butter as if it were mayonnaise...or mustard for you mayo haters. I sliced some bananas and lined them between both flapjacks. I generously poured some maple syrup and nom'ed away. It was bomb.com!

I also wanted to give a shot-out to my iPhone and the app that is quickly becoming one of my favorites: Hipstamatic. All the food pics that you see I have taken it with that app, it gives it that high quality, almost vintage look. I think I will be taking all pics of food with that app.

HAPPY COOKING!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! Very educational - never knew that about EVO. Going to try a couple of your receipes.

    Aunty Jo Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should totally look into getting some ina garten cookbooks. she has tips throughout them and the recipes (i'd say 90%...which is pretty darn good) are to die for :) hows the good eats cookbook btw?

    ReplyDelete