Wednesday, February 24, 2010

28 Dishes Later

So while I have succeeded so far on my project of cooking a different dish everyday this month, I have failed miserably in keeping my readers updated. So here is a quick run down of what I have made thus far, and a few have been pleasant surprises...

+ Scrambled Eggs w/ Feta Cheese--the feta cheese just adds so much more flavor. From now on, every scrambled egg dish that I make will have some feta in it

+ Scallops wrapped w/ prosciutto--first time I have ever made it...tasted delish! the saltiness of the prosciutto mixed perfectly with the scallops

+ Shrimp and Chicken Alfredo Pizza--another first, I added a little too much alfredo sauce...but it is definitely a keeper

+Chicken Cordon Bleu

+ Chocolate Fondue

These are dishes that I tried and need to work on a little...

Mac & Cheese w/ Bacon--contrary to popular belief, not everything is better with bacon...or maybe i just did something wrong

Coconut Shrimp--I think I overdid the coconut here. I combined the egg wash with a small amount of coconut milk, as well as, coated the shrimp with coconut flakes. it was a little sweet

Hash Browns--I tried making hash browns for the first time. sounded pretty easy, grate some potatoes, fry it 5 minutes per side in some bacon fat. didnt turn out so great.

And finally, in my first post about doing this project I explained how I wanted to master Jaime Oliver's Pizza:


Well, here is my take on it...

Before



and after...



Let me just say....NOM NOM NOM NOM. The real surprise was the fried egg. The different flavors (artichokes, pizza sauce, crunchy crust, mozzarella cheese, and egg) made an explosion in your mouth like a little celebration.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment